Monday, March 18, 2013

Pssssssssst!


This week has been a whirlwind. We have done and seen a lot and evrything is going wonderfully! It's been intersting re adjusting  to being in two instead of three. 

Lets see, on Thursday, we blessed Osas ans John's new house. Which was amazing! It was definitely a huge step up from the refugee camp. They love it and they are so happy to be there. They are now looking for work to sustain themselves better which is awesome!

On Friday, We had scambio in Reggio Emilia again which was really fun but had a weird twist at the end. Anziano D, with whom I was doing the scambio, woke up the following morning with his face red, itchy and swollen. We called the mission president's wife who told us to go to the hospital. So we spent most of that next morning in the emergency room and had a rescambi in the hospital. Shortly after we left, we recieved a call that Anziano D had passed out and hit his head. He's doing okay now, but the Anziani in Reggio can't go outside because of Anziano D's injury.

On Sunday, we had a bunch of investigators at church as well as a lot of stake leaders form Verona. That was really awesome because 2 of them hadn't ever been before. One was a member's friend and another was from English class. We also had lessons with Sorella Libè and Yvonne. That was really nice.

We went to Verona on Monday and that pretty much took all day especially after I got off the train in the wrong city because the city was printed on my ticket by some weird mistake. We ended up getting home at 730 just in time for a lesson with one of our youth who is 14 but wanted to know what to do to get ready for a mission! That was awesome!  He is really cool! 

We had a lunch on Tuesay with the Lombardelli family and I learned about how to make a cake with pears and chocolate that was also really good. We talked to Michele a bit about committing himself to be baptized and to live the gospel more. It went okay, but the lesson got way side tracked when he said that he still wanted to drink and not pay tithe and then Sorella Lombardelli tried to show him a million different scriptures which he didn't really respond to.

Yesterday, My back tire on my bike shattered. Literally crumbled. We were on our way to an early lesson and I hear Pssssssssssssssssssssssss. Anziano I stoped asking what that sound was an I said "the air in my tire" We then walked it towards the shop when he got the idea to ride it there saying "I don't think the tire could get any worse" as he said that, the tire broke in at least 7 different places. That was pretty crazy. The bike shop owner looked really bewildered. He fixed it for 60€. We have no Idea what could have caused something like that, but we thinkl that it could have something to do with the uneven streets and all of the bumps we go over. It was weird. Also, when we got to the church to do internet, one of the computers was gone and the other didn't work anymore. so we just got ready for English class. Which was pretty okay for me, my class likes me but I think they need a slower pace. Which I am pleased to give them. Anziano I's class, Conversational played Taboo they had a total blast!. It was awesome to hear that they had a good time.

Which brings me to today where we searched all over creation to find an internet point and now here we are...

I love you all so much and I hope that all of your daily lives are wonderful and that you are all surrounded by the Love of God and your Family and Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment