Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bi-Polar Crazy Weather!


Hello Everyone!

Greetings from lovely bi-polar crazy weather Piacenza! This week we have had rain and snow and glorious sunshine within days of each other. I thought Washington had crazy weather and then I came to Italy. 

After 23 days, my hair is starting to look like I did not have a gross cosmetic accident. Like maybe, I just wanted short hair. Seconda me, it doesn't look half bad. 

We have had a really amazing week! We have been really busy and doing as much of the Lords work as we possibly can! I am so glad to be here and do this work!

We have been really busy with lessons and finding lately and we have seen success and also some let downs. The French investigator that we had randomly moved to Milan one day, but that is alright since there are missionaries there too (as far as French speaking ones, I can't be sure). Also Cinzia told us that she didn't want to meet and that she just wants to go to church so we are giving each other a break. We have also had a lot of referrals that we have been working with. It rocks!

On Saturday, We had a baptism! Three friends from Nigeria that we originally thought were brothers... I had the privelage of baptising two of them. It was really cool and Sasha, an investigator from Ukraine, came to the service with us and apparently leaned over to Anziano Iacovelli and said "How long does it take a person to to prepare for baptism?" and Anziano Iacovelli said "Cioè, A person like you?" and Sasha said "Exactly". So we gave Him a baptismal date and we will be working with him some more. His comprehension isn't the best I've seen and he has a really thick Ukranian accent. So Piano Piano.  

On Sunday, We went to Church and pretty much all around creation. We saw Sorella Libè like we normally do. It was a brief visit and a bit awkward because Valerio, (the one who has a long hair and beard and dresses in all white) was there and he is super mad at us because we asked him to be more respectful and less distracting when he comes to church (In his behavior, speech, and dress)

On Monday, we planned to have a lesson with Sasha and a member who is a pointedly punctual person and Sasha called us, telling us that he would be and hour late. So we decided to have a practise lesson with the member who gave us a lot of teaching tips and I feel like I am a better missionary because of that lesson.

Yesterday, We had a pretty full day of finding. We dicided to draw the Plan of Salvation out in chalk on the street in Centro. We didn't really take notce of the fact that it was right infront of a shop. The owner got mad and called the Police and on the phone she said "These people have drawn some strange things on the sidewalk! Suns and Moons and Stars and the words Resurection and Judgement!!" We tried to offer to help clean it up, but she told us to leave. We walked by later and somebody had cleaned it off. Anziano Thompson got a kick out of the melodrama and I thought that we should be more careful about where we plan our finding activities. 

Today, I had to go to the Immigration office to sign a form stating that I would do what was required oif me as a foreign immigrant to assimilate into Italian culture and take a 6 hour required class and then we had our apartment inspected and maintennance checked by a senior couple that is serving on the Military Base in Vicenza (they brought peanut butter and Oreos!) Now I am here!

I hope that everyone back home is doing fine! Happy birthday to Uncle Mike, Aunt Brenda and Dad! I hope everything is doing well for you! Dad, keep your eyes peeled for a little something that may or may not have anything to do with your birthday. 

Love you all!
Anziano John Colin Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment