Monday, December 17, 2012

Salutazioni!


Hello Everyone! Salutazioni da Provo Utah,
 
I wanted to take a moment to tell everyone how much I love them and miss them! I hope all is well and that the weather there is nice. Here has been really great. We did get a little bit of snow, but not as much as last time and by now it has mostly all melted off. But it was great to be able to look out the window and see some flakes drifting down to the ground (which did you know takes nine whole minutes on average...I can't be sure how they know that, but I read it in a book once).
 
Yesterday we got the chance to be new missionary hosts which means that we are sort of the buddy for the new missionaries who arrive every wednesday. We take them to their classes and residences and to the bookstore to make sure that they get all of the materials they need. I also got the chance to host some early arrivals. The five missionaries that I hosted are going to Korea, Germany, England, South Carolina, and Ohio. They were all really great. Next week we are expecting 700+ new missionaries so I am probably going to get the chance to host again!
 
As the time is growing nearer and nearer for us to depart, I am getting more and more excited to experience Italy and bring them the Love of God and help them come unto Christ! I am growing every day in my testimony and in my love for our Saviour! Also I am getting really excited to leave the MTC! Last week, we recieved some travel plans that falsely indicated our departure on the 18th. To clear up all confusion, we are officially leaving the day after Christmas, the  26th. That is Salt Lake's official answer. It has been a long and confusing process trying to find out exactly when we are leaving but count on December 26th. Also that bring up a point to mention. Mom and dad, I dont know if you have heard about this, but the MTC doesn't have the capacity at this time for 2,500 missionaries to all call home on Christmas, but we are allowed to call home while we are travelling in the airports so please be by the phones on that day so I can call you! I will be travelling for almost 24 hours. Mom, do you think that you might be able to include some phone cards (1 international and one national?) so that I can call from a pay phone in the airports? I'll let you know more officially next week because we are getting our correct and official travel plans today in the Dinner post.
 
I love you all and I want you to know that. I am learning so much here about patience and unwavering and unconditional love both doing the best that I can to have it in my life for those around me and realizing that this is exactly the kind of love that the Savior has for me and all of his children. I know that everything here happens for a reason and that the Lord is preparing me in all things.
 
I love you all,
Anziano John Colin Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment