Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Week in the MTC!


Hello Everyone!

Greetings from cold and snowy Provo! I love it here I feel like I live in a snowflake. All of the trees and mountains are covered in snow and they are just lovely.

Yesterday, We got the chance to do more hosting which was really fun. I hosted 5 of the 725 new missionaries! They were really great and it was fun to try to remember seemingly 600 years ago when I went through that same hazy intense process. Being whisked from place to place and pushed into the deep end of missionary work. It is a really fun experience.

Well our districts are getting really excited as the date for our departure to Italy inches closer. We have a scheduled travel time of 25 hours with the time difference and we arrive in Milan at about 12:30 in the afternoon local time so 3 a.m. Washington time. Our flight leaves Salt Lake at 11:30 and our stops along the way will be Chicago and London. I'll try to call when I can. I've been itching to get out there especially since most of the districts on our classroom floor have already left and are in their fields respectively.

Congratulations Mom for getting the job at Morningside!!! Yay! I knew that you would! Also Congratulations to Gideon for getting a drivers liscence! Woot!

This week, Anziano MIller and I have started packing and getting squared away for our departure. The temple is closed today for the Holidays so I will be writing all the letters that I have been working on so everybody be on the lookout for those. We are getting haircuts and picking up drycleaning and trying to get all proper and spiffy like before we arrive.

Being on a mission is really fantastic! Honestly, I couldn't ask for a better experience. There are some times where it is hard, but the Lord carries us through. I am learning of the Love of the Lord and I am learning about patience and acceptance and forgiveness. The Lord is helping me immensely.

We have made fast friends with the missionaries who are going to Greece (all of whom are international...One from Finland, Two form France, One form England and the Other from Austria). Especially since the Greek Sisters are Sorella Ehorn's new residence companions since the Lithuanians left last week.

That is what I love about the MTC. The fact that there are so many people form so many places going to so many places learning any of the 64 languages offered at the MTC. And we are united by our common faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement for us. We are united by our hope in the future and in Eternity. That is the really beautiful thing.

I have some pictures to send too so they will be on their way too.

I am running low on time and I am a super slow typer.

I send you the regards, love, and best wishes of my district... notably Anziano Waters who was hovering over me and making sure that I wrote this.

Love always,

Anziano John Colin Cook


 

No comments:

Post a Comment