Monday, April 29, 2013

Time is Zooming By!


This week has been really good so far. There was a lot that happened. I have been well and loving life. The time really is zooming by. I don't notice it as it is happening, but I realise that I am rapidly approaching my sixth month mark which means that my mission is almost 1/4 of the way done. which is wierd because I reallly just got here.
 
On Thirsday, we had a round of lessons. Massimiliano, Yvonne's daughter, Lisa, and Marina. It rained a lot that day and we were late to Marina's lesson (the day she wanted to surprise us and show up 15 minutes early because she is always late. Anziano Iacovelli said "Now we are equal" and there has been no problem since.) The lesson with Lisa was good. She totally resonated with what we said especially the Holy Ghost. She said "I felt that once. I have been trying to get those feelings back ever since". She is an artist. A very good one too. She actually work for a local museum, making art and arranging events and expeditions.
 
On Friday, we saw Massimiliano again and visited Osas, and John who were baptised last transfer. It went well. They have been really busy so it has been really hard to see them. But we are working with that.
 
On Saturday, we had a potential investigator come to church to see general conference, and what luck we had but to have our internet not work. We taught him the first lesson and he loved it! He has been really interested in finding the true church and when we told him that we have a living prophet, he asked us where he could see that man. We are planning to show him conference soon
 
Sunday was a total distaster of trying to figure out what to do for conference. All of our plans feel through except for at the end of the day when we caught the final two hours with the Noda family in our ward. The other option was to go to Modena which is about 2 hours away and spend the time with other missionaries which was a really appealing option but we felt that by staying in Piacenza we would be helping our investigators and members the best, but everything fell through. It was insane and at the end of the day, we felt that we should have gone to modena in the first place. So now we are going to try and catch conference with the investigators or just read it when the mission sends us the print versions.
 
On Monday, we had our district meeting in Reggio Emilia which was good. My tire went flat because I ran over a nail which was fantastic and Osas, our new convert kept trying to tell me it was because I was fat despite how much I told him that It was a nail. His response was "You don't have to be embarassed. My tires go flat all the time. I am a big boy too. You don't have to tell me it was a nail." It was a nail by the way and I am still losing weight. We did end up having a lesson with Dario from English class and Marina which rocked.
 
Yesterday, we went to Milan, and came back with a box full of Books of Mormon and other teaching tools that we ordered from the mission office and my arms killed me after. It was rough, but good because we are not running low on anything anymore! I learned a lot from the meeting that will help me to be a better more organized servant of the Lord and a better steward of my time. Anziano Iacovelli was really inspired from it all too.
 
Well that was my week. I have been so happy to see the Lord working though me and in me and changing lives for the better. I love the this work and I am here because I know it is true and I have seen in change people's lives. I thank you all so much for your prayers and I hope that you know you are in mine!
 
I love you!
Anziano John Colin Cook
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment