Monday, April 29, 2013

Time Flies!


The time just flies. I hear that everywhere and am glad to know that it is not only me. Our week has been really fun. And full of small miracles and success.
 
I have recieved letters from both Gideon and Adrianne and a few others. I am thankful also for them. I will be trying to write back. The sun has come out and it feels like what Washington would call June. It's wonderful, but we are starting to pull out the fans and open the windows first thing in the morning to keep cool and our mission is officially suit jacket free until October.
 
This week has seemed like a blur. A pleasant one not to be mistaken.
 
On thursday, We had a round of lessons. Which was good. Some less actives and an investigator. Nothing hugely notable. But fun none the less.
 
We had a meeting with our branch president on Friday to help discuss meeting the needs of some of the members in the ward and then went with him to drop off some papers at various agencies to help get some people jobs. It was pretty fun. At the end of that day, we went over to Sorella Morriggi's House and had dinner, which was also good. She introduced us to Gorganzola which stinks but tastes pretty descent and I bought some to try a recipe that she gave us. I'm trying it tomorrow, so I will tell you more about that later.
 
We had a day full of finding on Saturday, and we had a really awesome miracle where a guy stopped us and told us that something inside him wouldn't let him pass us. He saw the Book of Mormon and became really estatic! It was awesome. He says he's from Sicilia, but honestly his accent is kind of weird and I think he is probably Albanian or Macedonian, because that is what his accent sounds like. His name is Natale which means Christmas...appropriate I thought. None of the members in church on Sunday believed he was Italian so he brought out his documents proving that he was Italian and that his name really was Christmas. It was entertaining
 
On Sunday, we went to Church and afterwards had a potluck together and literally everyone who stayed after brought something and there were a bunch of left overs which normally wouldn't be possible at an Italian Potluck. We made chocolate covered pinnapple and the members at first stuck their noses up at it but when they tried it loved it and then it disappeared right after.
 
On Monday we had a scambio with Reggio Emilia. Is any of that sounding surprising? I hosted Anziano Divincent and we had amamzing fun! We made the pinnapple rings again for him to try and it rocked. We had spare chocolate and we dumped some master crumble (I am assuming that it only exists in Italy but it is granola) into that and it was also really good. On the train home we ran into one of our Potentials who is always super busy. We set up a lesson with her and geave her a Book of Mormon in Spanish.
 
Yesterday, we had a great time and it felt like 93 lessons, but it was really like 4. We found a guy who was really excitied to know about our church and accepted a baptismal invite. He kept on saying "I am so happy, I am so excited!" It was wonderful.
 
Today our Landlord came over with the senior missionaries and discussed how to improve the appartment. I probably won't see the changes, because I am nearing the end of my third transfer in Piacenza, but who knows?
 
Tomorrow, we are going to Verona for a Zone meeting. and next week Pday will not be on Wednesday, because we will be going to Verona again. We should do it on Tuesday...
 
Everyone, I love you and I want you to know that God makes miracles you just have to look for them!
 
Love,
 
Anziano John Colin Cook
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment