Friday, November 9, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Much love from Provo! I am loving it here! I cannot believe that I am starting my third week already! Everything is going great here! My companion and I are getting along quite well. Generally, we are living the MTC routine life which consists of a lot of studying and praying and studying some more.

Our district does what is called "contacting" where we bear our testimonies in Italian to other missionaries. Anziano Miller and I have contacted 15 times already this week! The Italian is coming along pretty well. A couple of language mishap stories to tell you about... The other day, I testified that the Gospel is a Beautiful Woman "bella donna" instead of a Beautiful Gift "bello donno". My companion testified that Jesus can help us with everything, even when we have to prepare for our heads (testi, because he didn't know the word for test and he made one up). We also heard a story that an Anziano before us had said "I know God will kill you!" in the middle of his talk in Sacrament Meeting. I guess that he meant to say "I know Jesus died for you."

Everything else is doing well here. Today we are going to the Temple so that will be really great. I love the temple so I am excited for it.

We had a picnic the other day after gym and that was wonderful. I have been making friends not only in my zone but as well as some other people who are headed elsewhere like some like the sisters who are headed to Lithuania. Its way fun.

I am sending some pictures.

Mom, thank you so much for your e-mail! I am so glad that Hawaii went well! I am so glad that you have been relaxing. Hawaii sounds like it was wonderful. When you get home, from San Diego, can you please send my immunization records? They should be in my room. Also could you send my slip on shoes. I only have church shoes! Tell everyone at home that I love them thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.

Kayla, I loved reading you e-mail. I am so glad that you are going to have the opportunity to go to the temple for Baptisms that is a wonderful experience! I am so proud of you! I have heard that you also have been called as a gospel principles instructor! Brilliant! Extend my love to the ward!

Anziano Cook is the best missionary in the world! You should be so proud of him! -Sister Clayton (Lithuanian Sister who hijacked the computer while I transfered laundry)

I love you so very much!!!!!!!!

Anziano John Colin Cook

1 comment:

  1. John - so glad you are doing this blog! I will keep up on it. Take care of yourself - we miss you!

    ReplyDelete