Thursday, August 8, 2013

DISTRICT LEADER!


Well it has been a really great week. Kind of surreal. I don't know what it is supposed to feel like to be a district leader, but I hope I am doing a good job. This week has been a really good week. We had a lot of blessings from the Lord and a lot of his guidance for us. I feel like I have grown a lot and am becoming more like who God wants me to be.
I will start with Thursday. We had a couple things planned, but they fell through. It happens. So we did finding work. We had English class. (with the amount of trouble that I just had trying to type the words English Class I am beginning to doubt my qualification to teach the class.) It was really fun. We wrote a story together about a guy named Paul in a boat on a River that had a shark in it. The funny thing was that Paul, an investigator of the cappi's came by to say Hi to us. He looked at what was on the board and gave a chuckle and a little bit of a shake to his head and walked away. I said "Bye Paul!" and my class busted up laughing, because of the story we were making that was completely unrelated.

On Friday we had a lesson with our Investigator from Tunisia. He invited us to come and break his Ramamdan fast with him that night and we did. He made SO MUCH FOOD! There was soup, and bread, and pasta, and dates, and salad and juice, and these things called brik and he served us these huge heaping servings. It was amazing! And he kept on apologizing saying things like "I am just a humble bachelor, I don't know how to cook" "It's not much, but please, eat!" We brought fruit because it is polite in Italy to bring some kind of thing to share when you are invited to someones house, but in Tunisia it isn't and we didn't know that so he wasn't super offended. He had the Tunisian news on that was playing a bunch of religious broadcasting and vidoes that Anziano Horrocks thought were a little bit strange. It was fun though. We were trying to pay attention to him and not the broadcast, but he kept on saying "Do you know what that guy said?" and we would say "Um...no we don't speak Arabic" and then he would say "Oh" and then explain whatever it is was going on.  

On Saturday, we finally has a lesson with Ali! After forever. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Chirst (the lesson with the 5 steps...Faith, Reoentance, Baptism, the Holy Ghosr and Enduring to the end). We got stuck on repentance because he thought that the whole thing was so cool and he wanted to come up with a bunch of different ways to describe it. He lost some steam after that and so we decided to put a hold on that lesson.

Sunday was fantastic, Ravindar and Kaor, our couple from India came to Church and they had a good time! Our members totally embraced them and made them feel welcome. Later we asked if Ravindar liked Church and in his broken italian he said "Oh si! Piaciuto, Piaciuto, Piaciuto! Tanti amici!" the equvolent of "Oh yes! Liked, Liked, Liked! Many firends." It was good. Ravindar and Kaor are reading the Book of Morrmon daily and they are starting to pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ! It is so exciting!

On Monday we had our District meeting, in the church this time and not in the kitchen of the Bologna apartment. Before that we pulled weeds at the church and made sure it was all nice looking. Fratello Palmieri bought some peaches for us to thank us for pulling the weeds. They were good. It rained that day which was an answer to my prayers. Literally. I have spent all of last week praying for rain. It cooled us down a lot and made all of our appointments fall through but I was glad for the rain!

Yesterday was great! We had Three really great lessons! We talked to a Latvian Traveller named Chris who has been through a lot in his life and has a lot of questions, but is totally willing to listen to us. It was really good. He is a great guy and he made me miss home a little bit because he reminds me of people that you could find in downtown Olympia or Evergreen. We taught Jane again. She will be coming to church in a few weeks after everything settles down with the summer. We also had a really good lesson wiht Ravindar that was so great! The spirit was so strong! He said "I am so glad that God has sent you into my life to learn about him! I love His book and I love you guys!" I felt great about that!

Today we had an early morning lesson with an investigator from the Philipines! He was super nice and the Spirit was super strong in that meeting too!

I love you guys! I have to go now!
Anziano John Colin Cook


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday my darling Ray of Sunshine! I know you're off having amazing adventures, doing incredible things, but I wanted to let you know that I miss you very, very much and I hope your birthday is downright magical. Keep being amazing love! ♥

    ~Brenna

    ReplyDelete