Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Train in Bologna!


Dear Family and Friends!
 
I hope that your week has been fulfilling and wonderful! This week has been really awesome for Anziano Iacovelli and I and I feel like the next week has its adventures coming up.
 
Well I suppose that I will start with The Meeting we had in Milano with President Texiera of the Europe Area Presidency and another Member of the 70. It was a really uplifting spiritual experience and Anziano Iacovelli and I were really enriched and enlightened by what we learned.
 
On Thursday we had a few lessons and It was really good. It was my first time riding the Bus to San Nicolò and I was so surprised by how quickly we arrived because usually it is a 45 minute bike ride invololving a frightening bridge.
 
Between Thursday and Sunday, Not a whole lot happened.
 
There was Stake Conference on Sunday in Verona and that was really a nice thing to have. It was really good to see Anziano Thompson and a bunch of other missionaries and members that I know. The Church rented out part of an events center which was pretty funny because on the same day there was a ComicCon or Anime Convention or something because there were a bunch of people dressed in crazy costumes all going to the same building. It was a bit comical.
 
On Monday, we got transfer calls and I bet you are all thinking... all'ora? Well... The Lord has called me to.... TRAIN (I'm serious this time)... In Bologna (Pronounced Bolonya). I will be opening a new companionship there. I have'nt heard much about it but I will keep you posted about all of it later.
 
Yesterday was a really full day. We saw Sorella Libè who cried to know that I was leaving. And talked and talked and talked. I'm going to miss her. I hgave her the home address so that she could write a Christmas card when I return. She is a sweetie! We had a lesson with Regina who is from English class. We watched the Restoration film with her in Portugese and it was amazing! Anziano Iacovelli and I felt the spirit really strongly and at the moments when we felt it the strongest, we would look over at her and she would be nodding emphatically. Afterward she said, "you have to show this film to everybody! This is what I have been looking for my whole life!" She cried and in her prayer thanked God for finally answering her prayers. It was so beautiful!
 
Today we cleaned and packed and got some postcards and eggs to make dessert for later. We went and briefly visited Sorella Libè, make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and saw a huge shouting communist rally on the way to the internet point but it was way less scary than the May Day events back home. We have English class tonight and then more packing.
 
Next time from Bologna...
 
Love always,
 
Anziano John Colin Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment